School activities require much of a student’s time and are a very important part of the student’s life. School activities such as athletics or scholar bowls may also increase a student’s potential to receive recognition and college scholarships. Parents naturally want to guide and direct these activities and to be involved in insuring their success.
1. “All activities associated with the school shall be under the sponsorship of the school” (Standards for Unit Schools, AdvanceEd), if the school’s name is involved or if students who participate represent the school.
2. Any activities under the sponsorship of the school which involve students “must be based on the philosophy and objectives of the school” (Standards for Unit Schools, AdvanceEd).
3. “All activities, including those commonly classified as extracurricular, shall be controlled by the administrator of the school or by school personnel designated by the school or central office administration” (Standards for Unit Schools, AdvancEd).
In activities involving the school and its students, all Board policies are applicable.
4. “Any funds generated by school activities shall be under the control of the principal or Headmaster” All fund-raising activity must be approved by the Headmaster. Any funds collected from school activities should be handled according to Board policy.
All efforts to raise funds for our non-profit organization are greatly appreciated. Student clubs, parents, teachers, and staff contribute significantly to programs that are not supported by student tuition. Even though fundraising activities are greatly appreciated and needed, the Board recognizes that they may offer opportunities for misunderstandings and division unless they are conducted under specific guidelines. The following policies are offered not to control, squelch, or hinder fundraising activities, but to protect these efforts so they may continue to contribute to our many needs.
1. Any fundraising activity that involves the students representing A.C.A. or its school programs must be approved by the Headmaster.
2. All funds generated to be used in the school’s programs or by its students are under the control of the Administrator and Board of Directors.
3. All funds collected must be handled according to procedures outlined in the School Board’s Policies and Procedures Manual.
4. The disbursement of all funds should be handled according to procedures in the School Board’s Policies and Procedures Manual.