AP Literature – Summer Reading Assignment
Hello, and welcome to AP Literature and Composition! For this summer’s assignment, you will be reading 2 novels and completing the accompanying project outlined beneath the title listed below. All documents needed to complete these assignments can be found on the ACA website (www.acacademy.com) under the Current Families tab, or by emailing me (Mrs. Hill) at firstname.lastname@example.org. So, on to the summer assignment!
- Read Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen
- Print out and hand-write answers for all sections of the Pride and Prejudice – Chapter Notes worksheets. Your goal should not be brevity, but detailed answers.
- Read The Great Gatsby by F. Scott Fitzgerald
- Annotate as directed in The Great Gatsby – Annotation Guide. You should try to annotate on every page of your novel.
- Print out (1 sided printing ONLY) and fill in the worksheet pages for The Great Gatsby – Flip Book. Cut where directed at the bottom of the pages and paste the pages together (at the top) to create a Flip Book for the novel. The longest sheets of cut paper will go on the bottom, and the shortest on the top, so that I can read all of the tabbed pages when looking at your flip book. I recommend printing on card stock, if you can, or at least a heavy paper.
On the FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, you will be turning in the completed versions of:
- Pride and Prejudice – Chapter Notes
- Annotated copy of The Great Gatsby (be sure your name is written clearly on the OUTSIDE COVER)
- The Great Gatsby – Flip Book
These grades will count for a 150 point summer reading test grade. In addition, you will be taking a multiple choice test on the two novels, as well as completing an essay in class.
If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to email me at email@example.com. I look forward to seeing you next school year, and enjoy the summer!